Sunday, June 7, 2015

Radiantly Luxe Beauty Pina Colada Soap


Although I reviewed other soaps before this, this soap was technically my first handmade bar of soap. I was so excited to get it, my first order off of Etsy!  I paid $3.95 for what was supposed to be 5.35 ounces of soap...and once you factor in shipping I paid about $5.50 per bar.

Radiantly Luxe Beauty claims:
Revel in the feel of the islands at home with this delicious scented soap! Handmade/homemade with skin loving oils AND ultra luxurious Avocado Oil, you will find this soap reminiscent of a vacation to the beach!
Scented with Pina Colada Fragrance oil, this soap weighs in at a whopping 5.35 oz! Moisturizing and fragrant!!!!

So as I said in the beginning this was supposed to be 5.35 ounces of soap...I put it on the scale and it was only 4.7 ounces. I was not happy. Most companies actually give you a little more than you pay for...this was grossly underweight!

Next up...it looks OK. Like a homemade bar...not the prettiest bar but definitely unique. The glitter at the top was kind of cool.

As for scent, I'm not a big Pina Colada scent fan but I love it when I buy something I'm not a fan of and end up loving it. This was not one of those instances. The scent was barely there...and I wouldn't get Pina Colada....more like an unscented bar with a lackluster pineapple scent. But maybe Pineapple is a hard scent to do in bar soap form because I had a sample of Pineapple Grunt soap from Lush and I wasn't impressed with that scent either.

As for lather...it really is nice. Very silky feeling. But the very first time I used it it dried my skin so bad- my skin had never been that dry before after showering. I had white cracks in my skin it was so dry. Luckily that was just a one time occurrence. My skin wasn't as dry as the first time I used it...BUT my elbows and my skin in general felt rough and coated after using it. No matter how much lotion I pile on my elbows still have this rough feel to them. 

Another thing I need to mention is that on certain areas of my skin this would cause the itchiest rash. And I tested it multiple times to be sure the culprit was the soap and it is....Eventually I banned it to hand soap. I'm not sure if its the fragrance that irritates my skin or maybe something in the ingredient list but I was not happy!

Ingredients:
 Distilled Water, Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Soybean Oil, Cocoa Butter, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polyester-3, Yellow 7, Brown Oxide, and Fragrance

The ingredients are mostly natural..but now that I know a little bit more about ingredients...I'm not to keen on the Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil,  or polyester- 3 (is that the glitter?).

Overall, I really wasn't a fan of this soap. In fact, I straight up dislike it. I do still have three more soaps from that Etsy shop so hopefully one of those will impress me!

No comments:

Post a Comment