Friday, July 17, 2015

Deep Steep Lavender Vanilla Argan Oil Sugar Scrub


I'm really starting to get into scrubs....especially the Deep Steep ones. I stumbled across this brand when I was browsing in TJ MAXX. It can be a little tedious scanning through ingredients and I wasn't expecting much when I picked this up....when I noticed it was all natural I had a hard time picking which ones to take home. I picked this one because I LOVE anything lavender vanilla scented...and it was a great deal at $4.99. 

Deep Steep claims:
This luxuriously moisturizing Deep Steep Argan Oil Sugar Scrub gently exfoliates dead skins cells leaving your skin smooth, bright and polished. Deep Steep products smell and feel like popular luxury products but retain their uniqueness by benefiting both the consumer and the planet.


So like I was saying it smells amazing! I'm not the biggest fan of lavender on it's own but something wonderful happens when they add a touch of vanilla. This particular one is perfectly mixed. It's just strong enough and it actually lingers on my skin. 

The scrub itself is kind of dry. I don't think I've ever come across a scrub with quite this texture. It's densely packed sugar mixed with creamy oils. For being so densely packed it's actually quite gentle...partly because it contains smaller granules. 

The one thing I wasn't a big fan of is that the sugar dissolves a little too quickly...I like to really scrub for just a tad longer than this allows but it still gets the job done. 

If you aren't a fan of the "oily" feeling once you rinse this is probably not the scrub for you. It doesn't completely rinse off and leaves a very moisturizing layer over your skin. I did not need any moisturizer whatsoever!

The container is a pretty standard plastic container. Not much exciting stuff going on there. 

The best thing about this scrub are the ingredients. They are all natural and the second ingredients is argan oil. Most products that boast of containing argan oil contain trace amounts that don't really do much for the skin. 

Ingredients:
Sucrose, organic argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, organic lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, organic vanilla planifolia fruit extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, organic cocs nucifera (coconut) oil, aroma, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract


Overall, it's definitely a favorite and I would recommend it if you are in need of a moisturizing scrub!

No comments:

Post a Comment