Thursday, July 16, 2015

Vitamix Summer Blush Smoothie


The best thing about summer is that there is no shortage of fruits. I'm a fruitaholic. I could eat fruits for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get sick of them. 

I mostly stick to green smoothies but every now and again I like to take a look in the Vitamix books and try out a recipe. Mostly because it forces me to use fruits and combinations I don't tend to try. I usually buy fruits that have already been frozen but I figured I would just buy fresh and freeze it myself. 

Which I think I will be doing from now on. It tastes much better if you do it like that! 

The smoothie has peaches, raspberries, and grapes. I never use grapes or raspberries so I was happy to mix those into my drink. 

As for the peaches- it's PEACH season. And a couple of stores in my area have them on sale so I bought quite a few. Raspberries are pretty expensive and I couldn't find a good sale...I was happy the recipe only called for ONE.

I froze everything on a cookie sheet the day before than just threw it all in the blender. It came out pretty tart with the raspberries but the peaches balanced it out quite nicely. I could taste everything but the grapes.

One more thing...this recipe made a ton. Unless you are sharing it I recommend halfing it. I had about a cup and a half and was extremely FULL. 

It does mention that there could be broken raspberry pieces...I have no idea what they are talking about. My smoothie was completely smooth!

Summer Blush Smoothie
2 Cups of Water
1 cup Frozen Raspberries
2 cups of red or green grapes
2 cups of frozen raspberries
2 Tablespoons of Honey

Add everything to the Vitamix and blend on high for 1 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment