Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Samples Review: Naked Flushed Naked, Thierry Mugler Alien Radiant Body Cream, Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask

Time to review another batch of samples I've recently gone through. My sample drawer is starting to run low so I'm not sure how many more of these posts I will be doing.But let's get started. I have a variety of samples to "review" today. 


Naked Flushed Palette in Naked
I never realized companies gave out powder samples before I received this. It' pretty clever because you can't go to Sephora and just get a sample of a powder, you have to buy the product and return it if it doesn't work for you. The problem is that most companies will only give you a sample suitable for the medium complexion. As though other skintones do not exist. This was one of those suitable to only medium complexions. The bronzer did NOTHING for me. I'm over highlight but it wasn't bad....just nothing I would pay for. And the blush was pretty pigmented but nothing to purchase the palette for. Maybe if Urban Decay would have given out a sample suitable for multiple skin tones.  I may have liked it. As it stands...I wouldn't purchase. 


Thierry Mugler Alien Body Cream
This is the most expensive body cream I have ever sampled in my life. It costs a whopping $80 for 6.7 ounces. It's pretty safe to say I would never purchase it. The sample was enough to moisturize a pinky finger...but I worked with what I had. It did scent my arm a little while...nothing noticeable unless I put my nose right up to my arm. It kind of smells like Viktor and Rolfe Flower Bomb. Definitely not worth anywhere near eighty bucks...although from what I can tell the packaging is beautiful. I wish they would give better samples but as it stands it's not worth 80 at all. Maybe $20.


Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask
And last but not least...a hair mask. This mask rings in at almost $40 for 6 or so ounces which makes it pretty expensive. The sample is generous and enough for one application. It has a very citrus-orange scent. It's your typical cream..put it on, rinse it off. I wasn't a fan of how it made my hair feel when I rinsed it out but it seems better now that it's dry although not enough to justify the price. It has  2-3 good ingredients and the rest are typical junk ingredients. Not something I would purchase based on the price. It kind of reminded me of the ORS Replenishing Conditioner. 


And there you have it....unfortunately nothing in this batch stands out as something I would be interested in buying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment