Friday, July 31, 2015

Urban Decay Grindhouse Double Barrel Sharpener


 I went to the library yesterday and had so much fun in the kid section reminiscing on all the series I used to read as a kid. Sweet Valley High, Animorphs, Baby Sitters Club, Nancy Drew, and the list goes on and on. I kind of wanted to read another just for old times sake but I don't want the librarian to judge me! I used to read any book I could get my hands on (except classics). It was a good trip.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be reviewing a pencil sharpener...so let's get on with it. I was ordering some other stuff from Urban Decay and needed to get to their minimum for free shipping. I've been wanting a better pencil sharpener since my N.Y.C one eats up almost everything I sharpen so into the cart this went.

Urban Decay claims:
The ultimate accoutrement to your UD pencil collection, this premium-quality dual sharpener will keep all your pencils sharp.Designed for use with our ENTIRE pencil lineup, Grindhouse includes two sharpeners. Use the slimline sharpener with our 24/7 Glide-On Eye and Lip Pencils and the larger sharpener with our thick-barreled 24/7 Concealer Pencils, 24/7 Shadow Pencils and Super-Saturated pencils. Each blade is made of durable steel infused with 1% carbon to prevent rust. 

This sharpener also works with most other brands' big and small pencils (if you must) and includes a plastic pick for scraping and dislodging shavings to keep the blades free of gunk.

So first off...I love the concept. It's a cute sharpener with an even cuter name...The Grindhouse.

Unfortunately mine broke. Your supposed to be able to remove the little plastic stick that's inside to clean it out but for whatever reason mine did not want to come out. So it broke.

I love that it has a little cover on it so you can sharpen anywhere...but you almost have to empty it immediately because otherwise it will open in your makeup bag leaving shavings everywhere. I expected more. 

As for sharpening, it's done an excellent job on all of my pencils from Wet N' Wild, Makeup Forever, Urban Decay, etc. Everything except my Fashion Fair one which it basically....ate up. 

Overall, I kind of like it...it has it's positives. But it also has some things about it that irks me. When it's all said and done I probably wouldn't purchase it again. Sorry Urban Decay!

No comments:

Post a Comment