Saturday, August 1, 2015

The "Ethnic" Hair Care Aisle



I was browsing two stores today....and came across something I'm used to seeing but  for some reason it gave me pause. 

The Ethnic aisle.

 Or...itty bitty section with barely any products. At least in the area I live. And it's not because there isn't a decent "ethnic" population. 

I went to K-Mart and also a local grocery store and they had a shameful hair care section. It just seems kind of weird that they dedicate an entire aisle to non-ethnic stuff...but when it comes to the ethnic aisle, it gets barely 1/8 of space as other products.

Should there be an ethnic haircare aisle? It is convenient...kind of. But still.

Does labeling a product "ethnic" prevent non-ethnic people from purchasing? 

I know some people  have"judged" me when I used stuff like Garner, Aussie, or other non-traditional hair care products.

I don't know exactly where I was going with this post. Just something I think about.


No comments:

Post a Comment