Sunday, August 2, 2015

Shour Nakhod (Chickpeas With a Mint Sauce)


As I mentioned in a previous post I started to make things that I wouldn't typically make. So I picked a country (Afghanistan) and started making some of the recipes on a website I've found.


This particular recipe is pretty healthy. I had no idea how great for you chickpeas are but they are a pretty amazing food. This recipe taught me there is no need for canned beans. The dried ones are ridiculously easy to cook. And they are also cheaper.

Unfortunately this recipe came out nothing like the photo. What I had was basically mashed potatoes with chick peas and just a hint of mint. Not completely sure what happened. They certainly weren't bad. Just not what I was expecting.

I had mine with some grilled chicken and a side salad.


Better luck next time, hopefully!


No comments:

Post a Comment