Sunday, August 2, 2015

Plantlife Coconut Lime Soap


Put the lime in the coconut, drink it all up.

Every time I used this soap in the shower that's the song I start humming! I bought this awhile back in TJ Maxx for almost $4. They are mostly sold in health food stores but I've seen them at a couple of online retailers for reasonable prices. 

Plantlife claims:
Made with organic coconut oil (rich in vitamins and proteins) for a creamy lather that soothes all skin types. Lime is added for a fresh and zesty bathing experience!
  • Pure and Natural, Nothing Synthetic.
  • Coconut Lime is an ultra creamy and moisturizing soap.
  • It contains coconut millk (rich in vitamins and protein) and organic coconut oil for an amazing lather.
  • A fresh and invigorating soap to bathe with. Gentle enough for all skin types.

You get four once of all natural lime soap. Or in this case 4.2. I love that these soaps are usually overweight by just a little bit.

It's a pretty naked looking bar of soap. No color additives, just an all natural soap.

As for scent, it's all lime. Lime essential oil which kind of smells candy-ish I don't pick up any coconut whatsoever. I've heard coconut is a pretty hard scent to get to stick around in natural soaps though. There is coconut oil in the ingredients so even though you don't get the scent you get some of the skin benefits.  I do really enjoy the scent though. It's the perfect strength but does not linger.

As for lather, it's nice. You get decent bubbles and it cleans very well. Only thing is it melts a little quicker than some other soaps I have used. 

As always the ingredients are all natural and my skin looks very healthy after I've used it. I can skip lotion after using this without any fear of ash showing up. And I love that Olive Oil is the second ingredient. Not a lot of natural soaps have Olive Oil so high in the ingredient list.

Ingredients:
Agua (Water), Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Saponified Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Organic Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Organic Coconut) Milk Powder & Proprietary Blend of 100% Pure Essential Oils.

Overall, I really like this soap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment