Monday, August 17, 2015

Beef and Bacon Pie

This makes the second recipe I've made from the Game of Thrones recipe blog. The first was the medieval chicken...and this was a medieval pie. 

I was pretty excited about making this...it contains a bunch of dried fruit and I haven't tried any meat recipes with fruit. It just sounded fun to me. 


The only thing I messed up was the crust. I made a regular pie crust for it, which was good. But I probably should have looked up something more from that time period. 

This was my first time cooking "stew" beef...and it came out pretty good. I was scared of drying it out or just messing it up in general. 

I didn't really take many pictures...too busy pulling the recipe together. It is a little work when you make the pie crust and the filling on the same day...but I don't do it often and it was worth it. It definitely tastes better as leftovers. The flavors just meld together a little more.

The bacon was kind of strange to me. Mostly because I rarely eat real bacon and it tends to make me nauseous when it's added in recipes....but since theres not much added here it didn't bother me too much.



Overall, it was fun. I can't wait to make more from the blog!

Click here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment