Monday, August 17, 2015

Worst Makeup Products

The other day I was putting my usual goop onto my face when I realized some of the things I use...I really kind of hate. And I thought it would be fun to write a quick post on them.

1. MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre- This is primarily the product that inspired this post. I have been using it as "primer" for months and no matter what I do, it just does not last on my lids at all. I tried using powder before and after applying...it just has no staying power. I still use it, because I did pay over $20 for it. But I really want to just trash it and move on. It's so raved about though so I'm not sure why it just doesn't work for me.


2. Maybelline Fit Me Powder in Coconut- I rarely use powder. I usually just slap on some foundation and go. My foundation lasts pretty well on it's own...but every now and again I try setting it. For some reason this powder makes my skin oily in about 30 minutes. And it doesn't make my foundation last any longer than if I hadn't used it. I really should throw it away...I've probably had it way longer than you are supposed to keep it...but again I hate throwing things out. I'm sure I'll finish it up one day.

3. Maybelline Baby Skin- I had been using the Smashbox Primer before this one. That one is OK...I just really didn't want to spend the money on another expensive primer so I thought I would go with Maybelline. This doesn't do anything. At all. And it breaks me out sometimes.

4. N.Y.C Blush Riverside Rose- I bought this years ago...and I can honestly say it was the worst blush I have ever used in like. Chalky and just plain ugly. 

5. Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation- I thought this matched perfectly at first...it wasn't until later that I realized how orange it was. It doesn't look natural and it wears off pretty easily. And contrary to the product claims, I was oily immediately after putting it on. 


Maybelline made it on 3 out of 5 of these products....but I think that's just because it's the brand I gravitate toward the most in the drugstore. I really do need to branch out a bit more......

That concludes the worst five products I've ever bought. Of course, there are many more products I've tried and disliked but these are things I pretty much...hate.

What are the worst makeup products you've used?




No comments:

Post a Comment