Friday, August 21, 2015

E.L.F Studio Powder Brush


I still have quite a few brushes I need to review but lately I've found myself in a rut. I grab for basically all the same brushes...This brush had been sitting for months and months untouched until I decided to just go ahead and use it already.

E.L.F claims:
This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!

This is my second brush from the Studio line. My first was the E.L.F complexion brush and I really loved that one. That was basically my go to brush for powder. I think the reason it took so long for me to give this a try was because it isn't your typical powder brush.

It's got a very flat top...which you usually see being used for liquid foundations. I hear this brush is very good for that but I just haven't tried it yet. (Will update when I do, I've just been really into my Real Techniques Buffing Brush for foundation lately.)

I've been using this with a pressed powder that's almost on it's last legs. Surprisingly this picks up the product very easily...then I just press it into my skin. I've heard the best way to apply the powder is pressing it into the skin and most brushes are only good for dusting it on. I find that pressing it into my skin makes the application look less powdery and I don't get as oily quickly.

This brush is synthetic and usually synthetic brushes don't work as well as natural haired brushes do with powder products. Except E.LF brushes. 

The brush is extremely soft and the design is pretty nice.

The best part? It's only $3. And E.LF has some pretty great sales so you can get it even cheaper if you keep an eye out.

BUT I do want to mention the first time I washed it...it broke. Now obviously that doesn't happen with every brush. Maybe I just got a dud. But it's worth mentioning. I may try glueing it back together...but for now I'm pretty disappointed. Grr.

I do really still like it though...and it's a good brush if you get a more secure one.


No comments:

Post a Comment