Monday, August 24, 2015

Nourish Organic Body Butter in Almond Vanilla


I think this might be my first official all natural body lotion...besides shea butter or coconut oil. Maybe not. Years and years ago I bought something from Yes to Carrots but I'm not sure if the ingredient list is as pure as what I like to use now. I remember hating that too. Anyway, I bought this for about $6 at my local health store. It was on sale when I bought, it usually retails for about $7-10.

Nourish Organic claims:
  • Ultra-hydrating for even the driest skin
  • Minimizes signs of aging with antioxidant-rich ingredients
  • Clinically proven to hydrate and nourish skin
  • Melts onto skin with a pure, delightful scent
Organic Body Butter - the ultimate moisturizer. This light and creamy blend of whipped shea butter, concentrated coconut and olive oils and antioxidant-rich Vitamin E smoothes on easily, absorbs quickly and leaves even the driest skin soft and supple.

I've had my eye on it for awhile...and it just happened to be on sale so I snatched it up. The jar is pretty small at only 3.6 ounces.I don't think I've ever bought a smaller full sized product. 

It is certified organic, but like I mentioned in a previous review that really doesn't matter to me. As long as I can recognize the ingredients I'm good to go. 

So like I said, it comes in a really cute little plastic jar. I really love the design, I just wish you got more for the price. 

It smells really nice. Like fried donuts with a little almond. Or maybe funnel cakes with almond. But the scent is very light. I barely notice it when I'm using it and don't detect it much after I've applied it.   

The texture is different from any body butter I've had before. It's almost like if you took petroleum and mixed it with a really thick butter. But it's not heavy and sinks in pretty quickly. You only need a tiny bit and smooths and hydrates pretty much all day. 

It's vegan and cruelty free (a lot of the natural products I've been using lately are!), and the Shea Butter is fair traded which is something else I wanted to make sure to mention. 

Like I mentioned previously, the ingredients are GREAT. The only complaint I have is I wish they had found a way to use unrefined Shea Butter because that has the most benefits to the skin. 


Ingredients:
Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Organic Vanilla Planifolia Fruit infused Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Fragrance*, Organic Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

It comes in a few other scents too,including unscented, so there is a scent for everyone. Overall, I do like it. I don't think it will make my favorites but it's not bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment