Sunday, August 30, 2015

Biggs and Featherbelle Beach Bar


Since my local grocery store has a bulk soap section for this brand, I figured I would take advantage of it and pick up a couple more bars. Apparently, I'm really drawn to the exfoliating soaps. Mostly I wanted this because of the addition of beans. Ever had a soap with Adzuki beans? Probably not.


Biggs and Featherbelle claims:
send your rough skin on vacation

Adzuki Beans:
exfoliate
Sea Salt:
exfoliates, removes dead skin cells, draws out impurities 
Jojoba Oil:
balances
Clary Sage:
removes excess oil
Eucalyptus:
stimulating aroma

First off, I really like the scent combination. It smells very fresh and almost beach like. The only thing is, it's not very strong. I only catch occasional whiffs when I use it. I like a stronger scent but for those that like lighter scents this could be good. 

It's an exfoliating soap so I just rub the bar straight on my skin. It can be quite harsh though. As the soap wears down the exfoliating bits can get pretty rough. 

As for lather, no complaints there. It cleans very well and neither moisturizes my skin nor dries it. I think this might be a really good soap if you have oily skin.

The ingredients are completely natural. It has sea salt, which kind of reminded me of Lush's Sea Vegetable soap. But I would pick this over that one any day. 

Ingredients:
Distilled Water,Saponified Oils (Coconut, Palm, Sunflower, Soybean, Macadamia Nut & Jojoba ), Sea Salt, Adzuki Beans, Vitamin E & Essential Oil Blend (Eucalyptus & Clary Sage)


I paid $3 for it which is not a bad price. On the website it sells for $5.49.

Overall, it was OK. I just wish the scent was stronger!



No comments:

Post a Comment