Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lush Cupcake Mask


I finally went to a US Lush Store. I was very surprised to see one in a mall I've actually been in a couple of times. Somehow I just never noticed it. The store was pretty small.. and decently crowded. While in there I thought I would pick up a few of my older favorites like Karma and Honey I Washed the Kids to give a sniff.....surprisingly they smelled completely different than the ones I ordered from LUSH UK. Not anywhere near as good as the one's I got overseas. I'm not sure if the scent of the store was making them smell different....Strange.

Lush claims:
Cupcake is our one Fresh Face Mask that was created for a bit of fun. At the time, our inventor’s daughter was a young girl having slumber parties with her girlfriends every weekend, so he whipped up a chocolate mint mask for young, oily skin (officially solidifying him as the coolest dad ever). If you suffer from oily or spotty skin, slather it in this cocoa concoction. With spearmint oil to cool, vanilla absolute to calm redness and Rhassoul mud to deeply cleanse- Cupcake is a sweet savior for young faces. Smothering yourself in chocolate for clearer skin? Every teenage girl’s dream.

I definitely had enough black pots to exchange for a free mask but I left them at home. So I bought Lush Cupcake. The price was pretty decent. Almost seven bucks compared to the ten euros (14 dollars) I used to buy them for.

Cupcake is one I had been wanting to try for quite awhile...but it would usually be sold out. I guess because it contains cocoa powder. The first thing I noticed is the pot didn't seem nearly as full as the ones I had been getting before. So I don't expect to get nearly as many applications.

The scent is like mint chocolate ice-cream...and something else I can't quite put my finger on. I like the scent BUT my mom and sister don't. It looks kind of like chocolate cake icing. 

It spreads quite easily...every now and again I ran into a chunk of something. 

It recommends leaving it on for 5-10 minutes. Usually I keep mine on for about 20 minutes. Maybe longer. Just depends on what I'm doing. It rinses off pretty easily.

It leaves my skin looking a little brighter, clears out my pores (I've used things that cleansed my pores out deeper than this), and my skin feels soft and clean.

My favorite thing about these masks is that they are pretty much all natural. They last for three weeks in the refrigerator (I keep them until they are gone-somethimes longer than three weeks).

Ingredients:
Rhassoul Mud ,  Glycerine ,  Linseed Infusion (Linum usitatissimum) ,  Talc ,  Cocoa Powder (Theobroma cacao) Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) ,  Fresh Mint (Mentha Piperita) ,  Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill and Fusanus spicatus) ,  Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata) ,  Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita) ,  *Limonene ,  Fragrance . *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Overall, I liked it. If you aren't trying to super clean your pores and just want something to soften and brighten the skin a little this isn't a bad one to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment