Sunday, September 13, 2015

Acure Dark Chocolate+Mint Lip Balm


I meant to have this review up last week but I had been doing a little traveling. Now that I'm back, I've had plenty of time to form an opinion......so here it is!

Acure claims:
USDA Certified Organic Lip Balm. You wouldn't want chemicals on your lips now would you? Why not use food grade certified organic protection? This silky, smooth lip balm provides serious protection for dry and cracked lips. Prepare to be kissable! 100% of lip balm profits are donated to Breast Cancer Research!
Of course I was drawn to this lip balm because of the combination of dark chocolate and mint. Sounds decadent. But I never have a lot of hope for chocolate scented products. They just never quite live up to the real thing. 

This lip balm is mostly mint with a hint of chocolate. I really like the mint part of it...but the chocolate, as expected, wasn't that great. The mint is pretty strong though and it tingles when you put it on.

When I first started using it, I thought it was pretty moisturizing. But as time went on I realized my lips felt dryer and dryer once it wore off. I have to continuously apply it, and it never feels as smooth as it did the first time I used it.


It has great ingredients...everything is all natural. There is even Argan oil in it. It is certified organic, which is not a necessity to me. As long as I can recognize all the ingredients I am usually good to go. 

Ingredients:
Organic Beeswax, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Organic Hemp Seed Oil, Organic Peppermint, Organic Spearmint, Organic Chocolate Flavor Oil, Organic Argan Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E). 

I paid about $4 for it which is quite high for a lip balm BUT the proceeds are donated to breast cancer research which is fabulous. I just wish it worked better for me, that way I could recommend it to everyone. As it stands I probably wouldn't purchase it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment