Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Deep Steep Fig Apricot Argan Oil Sugar Scrub



Figs...mmmmm. I love figs. But in all of my fig eating I have never thought figs had a scent. Nor apricots. Maybe it's the scent of them when they are cooked? I don't know. All I know is this scrub smells DIVINE.

Deep Steep claims:
Deep Steep's Sugar Scrub offers a one-step beauty ritual for exfoliating your skin. Leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and irresistible to the touch. deep thoughts...believed to be Cleopatra's favorite fruit, figs are known as an aphrodisiac.


This makes my second scrub from this brand. And I think I have a new favorite scrub. I loved the Lavender Vanilla one but this one smells super good. It smells like the taste of apricot nectar/juice if that makes scent. As for the fig part, I never noticed figs having a scent but I've had my share of fig scented products- Lush Figs and Leaves and a body wash from Aveeno. I guess it smells similar to those-but better! And it lingers just a little. Especially on legs.

I got it from my TJ Maxx for a mere $6. A true bargain. I bought this before I had ever even tried the lavender one just because of the scent and the all natural ingredient list.

When you look at it, it doesn't look like anything special. Just a creamy, sugary, looking scrub. Depending on the temperature it can be really soft or harden up. It's pretty gentle. You don't get much scrub time before the sugar dissolves so it's pretty gentle. If you need more exfoliation use it on mostly dry skin.

The best thing about these scrubs is how moisturizing they are. They almost feel like an in shower body lotion. It leaves an oily coating on the skin so when I get out the shower I just pat dry and go. 

This brand is cruelty free, which is awesome! I don't see the point in animal testing for beauty products...(but I am guilty of using brands that do test on animals)

Like I mentioned earlier it's completely natural. Unlike the Lavender one, the Argan Oil is listed a little further down in the ingredient list, which is completely fine with me. 

Ingredients:
ngredients: Sucrose, ficus carica (fig) fruit extract, prunus armeniaca (apricot) fruit extract, organic butyrospermum parkii (shea) butterr, organic cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, aroma, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract.

Overall, it's a favorite. Just like the Lavender one. I don't ever want it to run out..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment