Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Orange Ginger Chicken Veggie Bowl

I previously mentioned that I love cooking things from Self magazine. They have some pretty great healthy recipes. So when I came across this recipe I knew I had to make it. 

And I'm glad I did. It has the perfect combination of veggies to saute. And it's a complete meal, you have your grains, proteins, and veggies. 

Speaking of grains....I love brown rice now. My family pretty much sticks to the white one, occasionally we have brown but I think I may have gotten to the point where I prefer the brown, which is said to be healthier. I used brown Jasmine Rice which I didn't even know existed. I can't cook rice for anything so I threw it in a rice cooker with a little butter and it came out perfectly. No sticking to the pan at all!

As for the orange juice- I used to buy orange juice whenever I needed it in a recipe, this time I just squeezed it directly from an orange and I prefer it that way. That being said the orange flavor wasn't really strong. It had more of the soy sauce/ginger flavor. 

 And instead of canola I used olive oil to salute the chicken because I think it's healthier.

This was the marinade- I love making my own!





Overall, it was pretty good. It made great leftovers and if I stuck to recipes this is the type I would keep in the rotation!


Click this link to check out the recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment