Monday, September 21, 2015

Real Techniques Stippling Brush


I've slowed down on the brush purchasing. I had been buying them pretty quickly and never using them. Now I've got them on a rotation so each brush gets used. I really like Real Techniques brushes- I've had some of them for a little while now and they are still in perfect condition. They look  like brand new- for the price point of $8-10 that's fabulous!

Real Techniques claims:
This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use
I've had this brush for quite awhile now. I like stipple brushes- but I honestly don't use them much unless I force myself. This is no exception.


This one has the pink aluminum handle-indicating that it's for the face and the synthetic super soft bristles. I've never been a fan of the design. I find them quite ugly to be honest. But I don't buy brushes because they look pretty (well....maybe a little), I buy them because I want them to function properly. Oh yeah, I hate the fact that the base is so thick- who stands their brush up? I wish they just made the base normally. They take up so much more room than they should in my brush holder.

For comparison: E.L.F Small Stipple Brush (sorry it's dirty!), Real Techniques Stippling Brush, MAC 130

I've used it for foundation and it's not my favorite. It gets the product on and blends it out fine but if given a choice I would rather go for the Buffing Brush or the Expert Face Brush. Those are excellent for foundation.

I've tried it with powder blush and cream blush. If you need a really light application it works pretty well with powder blush. But cream blushes is where it really shines. I was previously using the ELF Small Stipple Brush or the MAC 130....but those are quite small and not as dense so it can take a little while to blend it out. This on the other hand blends it quickly and it looks great when I'm done. This and the Sonia Kashuk Flat Top brush are my faves for cream blushes. 

You can blend out a cream contour with it...but I think I prefer my fingers or the Kashuk brush. Probably because my contour is only covering a small portion of my face.


Overall, it's a decent brush. Not a must have for me, but I don't regret having it in my collection either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment