Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Soap with Mango Butter & Coffee Bean Extract

What a title! I hauled these not too long ago in a post I had done. I'm not the biggest fan of the Shea Moisture brand, I think their customer service could use some work. And I'm not sure what company is operating it. They used to be a black owned company but honestly I'm just not sure anymore. The story on how it was found is a little too similar to Nubian Heritage  which makes me think their founding story is a work of fiction. Anyway, I bought this because I couldn't resist the price. It retails for $4.99 but I had a couple coupons so I paid just over two dollars for it. Also, I wanted to review some natural soaps that were more accessible to everyone since this is sold in most drugstores, Target, Ulta, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Walmart etc. 


Shea Moisture claims:
Organic Shea and Mango Butters blend with our proprietary SuperFruit complex of Raspberry Ketone, Goji, Acai and Guava extracts to nourish and help improve skin elasticity.

Superfruit Complex - A blend of Red Raspberry, Goji, Acai and Guava extracts. Highly effective in promoting smooth, youthful skin.
Mango Butter - a rich emollient that intensely moisturizes and rejuvenates for soft, supple skin. 
Green Coffee Bean Extract - Helps nourish, contour and smooth dimpled uneven skin.

So first off, this soap is huge! It's an 8 oz bar which is double what most soaps are. And it is a lovely shade of pink/purple. And interestingly enough, sometimes the lather is tinged pink.  It can be a little messy for some people but I don't mind rinsing it away.Just don't use it with a white wash cloth.

It makes some pretty big claims....Coutouring (what does that even mean?), firming, and smoothing. That's all well and good but I don't really expect all of that with a soap. I haven't noticed a difference in my skin but it certainly doesn't hurt. (I've only been using it a week though.)

When I first opened it up, I really liked the scent. It smells almost like fruity vitamins or how a super fruit gum would smell. And it's decently strong. I like a strong scent so that doesn't bother me at all. And it lingers a little bit too! I really liked the scent at first but I'm kind of getting a little tired of it.....

The lather is excellent and a little bit goes a long way. You can lather a little bit in a washcloth or use it directly on the skin. It does have something in it that exfoliates a teeny bit also. 

As for moisture, it leaves my skin really soft but I do need to hit up the lotion afterward. My skin just looks looks a little too dehydrated after I use it.

The ingredients are pretty good but I learned with this brand I should check all the labels. I had the Manuka honey one which I assumed was completely natural but when I scanned the ingredients I found EDTA which I no longer use in my body care products. 

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Butyrospermmum Parkii (Shea Butter*, Sodium Choloride, Titanium Dioxide, Mango Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Cocnut) Shell Powder, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Powder, Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Fruit Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Essential Oil Blend, Raspberry Ketone, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai) fruit Extract, Green Coffee Extract, Mineral Pigments *Certified Organic Ingredient

Overall, it's decent. I probably wouldn't purchase this particular one again but I will try out the other scents.


UPDATE- I really can't stand the scent anymore and it's way to drying....

No comments:

Post a Comment