Monday, September 14, 2015

Zum Bar Goat's Milk Soap Almond Review



I've wanted to try these soaps for forever....so I finally grabbed one. I'm not sure why I picked up the Almond....it's one of the most common scents that every line seems to do and I wanted to try one of their more unique combinations. Who knows what I was thinking when I grabbed it?


Zum Bar claims:
  • Sweet, with a lovely, delicate scent that's a cross between creamy mascarpone and delicious macaroons, this bar is guaranteed to please.
It has a really nice almond extract scent. Not unlike most almond scented soaps you come across. The best thing is that I can really smell it when I lather it up. A lot of soaps lose scent in the shower. Not this. It doesn't linger on my skin however. 

The lather is really nice. It bubbles up really well and cleans decently. 

It was great up until I got out of the shower and touched my skin. At first it was leaving a film on my skin that seemed to block moisture. Now it just makes my skin feel and look dry. Skipping moisturizer is not an option. It's exactly the opposite of what I thought would happen, since it has goat milk which is supposed to be great for the skin. 

It is pretty expensive for the three ounces (3.2) you get. I paid about $4 and some change for it but it's listed most places for a little over $5. 

The ingredients are all natural from what I can tell. I don't like how they list "goat milk base". I want to know what's in the base.  Or maybe I'm just misreading the ingredients.

Ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, pure essential oils, and mineral pigments.


Overall, I like that it's strongly scented....but I really don't like how my skin feels when I get out the shower. I think it should be more moisturizing for the price. Maybe the others are moisturizing  so I'll try a couple more scents to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment