Saturday, October 31, 2015

Clinique Acne Solutions 3 Step System Review

 Sorry about the beat up box! Ive had it a little while.

So first of all, Happy Halloween! I hope you all are have a fantabulous day, whatever you might be getting into. I didn't do much of anything. Except answer the door and hand out a little candy. I got to see some of the cutest costumes though...wolverine, ax murderers, Minnie Mouse, and everything in between. I saw the tiniest little girl that was ready to rip the screen door open to get some candy. She had to be like 2 or 3. Too cute! Anyway, I'm just sitting around looking for some horror movies to watch. Maybe a classic. And I thought I would knock out a post. 

I got this mini sampler kit last year when I placed an order with Sephora. It has some really nice sample sizes and is perfect as a mini try out kit. I will admit, Clinique is not a brand I would buy skincare from. I  prefer my skin care to be all natural now, but I don't mind trying out free samples. I've actually had a lot of deluxe samples from the brand. I feel like I've tried nearly all their cleansers and none of them were that impressive. Especially not the creamier ones. Anyway....let's get started.


1. The first thing that came in the kit was a Cleansing Bar for Face and Body. I didn't take a pic of it, but it was a generous sample that lasted me quite awhile. I actually used it while traveling last year...then put it back in the box and forgot about it until recently. That being said, I really like it. I feel like it cleans my skin well, without drying it, and leaves my skin looking fresh. It doesn't have a scent and it lathers nicely. If I didn't mind the ingredients, this is something I MIGHT purchase for myself. The full size is $15.50. It comes with a case, which could come into handy. But you can also purchase it sans a case. That knocks the price down a bit. 


2. Next up, we have the Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion. Or...toner. Not sure why they insist on calling them lotions. I had a purple one previously and I remember I ended up sanitizing my brushes with it. The alcohol content in this stuff is just way too much. It dries up my skin. Not good. But I did find another use for it. I just put it on a piece of paper towel and swipe it on my nose. I tend to get blackheads on my nose..and this keeps it in check. Using it tat way is making it last forever! I do like it for that purpose...but otherwise, it's a skip. Oh yeah, and it smells like Alcohol and Clinique chemicals. But I'm not surprised given the ingredients. This will cost you $16 for 6.7 oz. 




3. Last, we have the Acne Solutions All Over Clearing Treatment. I have mixed feelings on this product. It works amazing as a spot treatment. I can dab a little on a spot and it's gone....overnight! As for using it "all over". I tried that. A little goes a long way. But it's just way too drying. And when I did apply it, I noticed my skin having a nasty reaction. I used a powder I've used a couple time before, and for some reason after using this and my powder...it made my skin itch. Not only that, my skin became very rough and numb feeling for a couple days. It was not pleasant. Now I just make sure to dab it on my spot and that's it. Using it that way seems to be working well for me. It has it's signature Clinique Chemical scent. Not offensive but it does have that trademark smell. This product will set you back $22 for 1.7 oz. Quite expensive, but a little does go a long way. 


Out of the three, my favorite is the bar soap, although I found uses for the other two products. I do feel like the system is very harsh on the skin and would be cautious when introducing it to already irritated, acne prone skin. 

Have you ever tried Clinique skincare? How did it work out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment