Sunday, October 25, 2015

Deep Steep Mango Papaya Argan Oil Sugar Scrub



I'm a big fan of this brands scrubs! I haven't tried anything else from their line, but every time I come across one in TJ Maxx, it has to go home with me. I paid $6, and it was completely worth it. The list price is nearly twelve bucks but there are a couple of websites where you can get it at a much better price. 

Deep Steep claims:
Almost good enough to eat! Deep Steep Argan Sugar Scrub is a supreme exfoliant that smells amazing. Our rich blend of butters and sugar is perfectly homogenous so your scrub isn’t an oily, separated mess. The special fusion of Organic Argan Oil, carefully sourced sugar and creamy shea and cocoa butters offers just the right amount of exfoliation and leaves skin radiant, polished and highly moisturized.
deep thoughts...rich in enzymes, papaya is referred to as the gift from the gods

When I first got this, I wasn't a fan of the scent. It smelled like nail glue. But I still took it home, hoping it might transform when I used it. And it did! I'm not sure where the nail glue scent goes, but when I use it, it smells like someone took some juicy ripe mangoes and papaya, threw them in a blender, and served it as a drink. It smells so fruity, and strong, and the scent sticks around in the bathroom and on my skin. 


The scrub is much like the others in the line. It's a bunch of sugar in a creamy base. It's not the harshest scrub. It's actually pretty gentle. The sugar dissolves as you are scrubbing, which is probably the only thing I don't like.  I like being able to scrub as long as I want, not when it just decides to dissolve.  But that's the nature of sugar! As with all scrubs, if you want more exfoliation, use it on more dry skin. 

It has quite a few oils in it so it does leave an oily residue on the skin. It may bother some people, but I love that when I dry off, my skin is already moisturized and smooth. I don't need any lotion. 

The ingredients are amazing. All natural. Can't get any better.


Ingredients:
Sucrose, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aroma, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.


Deep Steep is a cruelty free brand, which is also a bonus if you are looking for that.


I love it and highly recommend it, especially if you are a fan of fruity scents. You really can't go wrong with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment