Friday, October 23, 2015

Makeup Mistakes I'm Currently Making (Revisit)



Lately I've been finishing up products like crazy. I've finished up a foundation, mascara, two blushes, and a lipstick! Which I used as justification to purchase TWO new palettes, and I'm plotting to get a another primer-because who can pass up a good sale. Not me! 

Anyway, I just thought I would take the time to go back and revisit some of the things I really wanted to improve about my makeup application. Did I improve? Let's see.

1. Overblushing- Did I correct this? Yes! I realized I was putting on a little too much blush. I was mimicking some youtubers I watch that pile it on pretty thick. So instead of having a nice flush there are these big blocks of color on their cheeks. I have learned to tone it way down! I definitely build slowly and take a step back to evaluate. Yay me!

2. Heavy Foundation- I like to look like I have nice skin vs looking like I have nice foundation. So a blemish mark shows through? Who cares! These days I go super light. No need to run around looking all extra overdone. If I really need more coverage I bust out the concealer.

3. Put DOWN the bronzer- So I have learned everything really doesn't need to bronzed up. I was just starting to put it on automatically all the time because that's what everyone else does. Now, I only put it on if I need it. 

I have made some progress! But there are a couple more things I need to work on.

1. There are more crease colors than brown- I started putting brown in my crease no matter what look I was doing. So it was time to step outside of the box. I used pink, a red orange, a grey, a deep matte purple in the crease in the past couple weeks. I'm trying to get out of that rut...and so far so good but I need to do it more often!

2. Eyebrows- I really need to get my brows together! I just can't do them myself to save my life. I don't want to be dependent on always getting them threaded. I may try to tackle them as soon as I'm done writing this post. 

3. Blend Both Eyes out- I noticed (and hope no one else does) that my right eye is always blended a little better than my right eye. It's the weirdest thing. I also noticed one eye looks amazing with mascara, and the other is never as nice. It's kind of droopy looking and the lashes look shorter. I really need to work on that. Maybe it's the angle I'm applying it at? I don't know, I just know I really need to work on it!

Those are just a few more things I need to work on over the next couple months. Not sure I'll get the brows right- but I will certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment