Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Energizing Bar Soap with Imbe Oil and Aloe



I had no luck with the last soap from Shea Moisture I bought. I thought I liked it in the beginning, but as time went on my skin became so dried out-not to mention I was sick of the scent. So I wasn't looking forward to using this one. That's the problem with hauling a bunch from same brand at the same time. If I hadn't had this sitting in the drawer waiting for me I might not have tried it all.

Anyway, let's get on with the review!

Shea Moisture claims:
Cleanse and energize dry, dull skin with this hydrating soap bar. Certified organic Shea Butter and Coconut Water blend with our proprietary fusion of Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts to moisturize, nourish and recharge tired-looking skin. Imbe Oil protects while Aloe promotes a healthy glow.

Fruit Fusion - Fresh Dragon Fruit, Lychee Berry and Green Apple Extracts blend together to energize dry, dull skin.
100% Pure Coconut Water - Hydrates and nourishes skin with vitamins and minerals.
Imbe Oil - Rich in antioxidant Vitamin C, helps revitalize skin and protect against free radicals.


I'll start off with the scent. Luckily it's a pleasant scent and I don't see myself growing sick of it. It's hard to describe but it's a fruity/fresh/floral scent. It's not something I love, but I don't mind the scent either. They do claim it's supposed to be energizing- but not that I notice. The scent is not too light, nor is it too strong. Unlike the last soap I find the scent does not linger.

As for lather, I love it! It lathers up so easily and the lather is rich,thick, and cleans very well. It does have some little exfoliating poppy seeds in it....so if you needed some (very)light exfoliation this could get the job done. 

The problem is how much it dries my skin. All the great ingredients and the fact that they called it hydrating made me expect something that would leave my skin in great condition after rinsing. That's not the case here. My skin is so dry it looks like I sprinkled baby powder over parts of me! But oddly enough my skin is soft. Soft, yet visibly dry.

The ingredients are great. It's got all kinds of fun ingredients in it and nothing that makes me concerned. I'm particularly curious about the Imbe Oil and wouldn't mind finding a bottle of the pure oil to play around with.

Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and/or Palm Kernelate, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance (Essential Oil Blend), Cocs Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Sodium Chloride, Papaver Somniferum (Poppy) Seeds, Butrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), Pentasodium Penttate, Garcinia Livingstonei (African Mangosteen) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Extract, Hyelocerus Undatus (Dragon Fruit) Extract, Garcinia Mangostana (Mangosteen) Fruit Powder, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Powder, Litchi Chinensis (Lychee) Fruit Extract, Leuconostoc Radish Rood Ferment Filtrate *Certified Organic Ingredient

Overall, it's not too bad. I don't hate it (like the Super fruit one). But I probably wouldn't recommend it either. I don't mind a soap that doesn't moisturize my skin, it's soaps that dry my skin out that I don't like. That being said it's not for me. It retails for $4.99 for 8oz, but if you check CVS/Ulta they often have sales. And every now and again you can find coupons for it.  

It is cruelty free and the brand does source fair trade Shea Butter which is important to note.


Now if you'll excuse me I need to go continue watching American Horror Story Freak show,which is one Netflix now. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment