Saturday, November 21, 2015

Plantlife Argan Skin Bar Soap Review



Who would have known that using all natural facial cleansers is actually cheaper than using a cleanser full of junk? Of course it depends on what you are buying but I've found some great natural face cleansers that are priced very fairly. I found this particular bar at my local TJ Maxx for $3.99.

Plantlife claims:
Nourish, protect, and quench your skin's thirst for hydration with this luxuriously rich formula, abundant with nature's goodness! Argan Oil, often referred to as the "miracle oil" aids in reducing fine lines, smooths roughness, increases collagen while protecting, softening, and revitalizing the skin's elasticity. A rich source of essential vitamins, fatty acids, and natural antioxidants necessary for your skin's health! Combined with essential oils and other nutrient rich oils such as coconut and olive, this incredible soap produces a soft and thick lather with a light, refreshing citrus aroma.
Our soaps are made the old fashioned way, with lots of love! They aren't made by machine, but carefully crafted by hand in small batches using the "cold processing" method. This means that no heat is added to the soap pots, which ensures that all the healing and beneficial properties of each ingredient is retained in every bar. Unlike most soaps, we leave in the naturally formed glycerin because of its humectant properties that help attract moisture to the skin. We take pride in the high quality, natural ingredients used in all our products that are not only healthy for all skin types but for the environment as well! We do not add any synthetic ingredients such as fragrance oils or dyes, making our soaps excellent for those who suffer from chemical sensitivities or skin disorders.

Missing a piece...I cut a little bit off before I took the photo!


Argan oil has become really popular these last couple of years and you can find it in nearly everything. Scrubs, lotions, soaps, even makeup. I really like Argan oil and thought it would be cool to to try it in a facial wash. I love that it's not one of those products that claims Argan oil and then it's listed in the very bottom of the ingredients. The list on this is water, then argan oil. I didn't need a new cleanser but when I saw that, I figured I had better snap it up before someone else did!

It's a 4.5 ounce bar. It smells very fresh, light, and citrusy. Unfortunately I'm not good at describing scents but I do really like the scent on this one. It's not at all overwhelming. Just pleasant.

It lathers well and gets off all my makeup. I usually wash twice though, once to remove makeup and again to cleanse the skin. It's very gentle and not at all drying. I do tend to have oily/combination skin though. 

When I'm done, my skin feels very smooth. It hasn't broken me out at all and overall I feel my skin just looks very "healthy".

 Almost forgot to mention, I cut pieces off the bar that way it lasts longer.

As I mentioned earlier, the ingredients are excellent. In addition to Argan, it has olive, coconut, calendula, and chamomile oil. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Saponified Argania Spinosa (Organic Argan) Kernel Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Calendula Officinalis (Organic Calendula) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Organic Matricaria) Flower Extract, Proprietary Blend of 100% Pure Essential Oil.

AND, it's cruelty free. 

I would definitely reccomend it. It's all I could ask for in a face cleanser. It can be a little hard to find but I have spotted the brand in a couple of local, organic food stores and sometimes TJ's has them!

No comments:

Post a Comment