Friday, November 20, 2015

Samples Review: Creme of Nature Detangling Leave In, Philosophy Truthful Parfum, Drunk Elephant Marula Oil

Back again with a mini review on a couple of samples I've used up. Let's get started!


Creme of Nature Detangling Leave In Conditioner- I thought for sure I had used up all the Creme of Nature samples I had, but I was clearing out my sample bag, and this popped out. For the most part, I'm not a fan of the brand. Some of their things are OK....but the scent is not too good. This one doesn't have an offensive scent to it though, it kind of smells like Coconut. And it was a little hydrating and kind of helpful when it came to detangling. It wasn't bad. But it's still nothing I would go out and purchase.



Philosophy Truthful Eau De Parfum
I'm surprised I actually like both of the perfume samples that came in the box. This smells like a nice floral honeysuckle scent. I like it just as much as the other. The only problem was it really didn't stick around. 


Drunk Elephant Marula Oil
The first time I heard of this brand is when a youtuber was raving about their $90 face serum. Skincare is important, but $90? Nah. Anyway, I checked out some of their other things but they are way out of my price range. But I'll try a free sample in a heartbeat! This oil will cost you $75 an ounce. Safe to say I would NEVER purchase it. Especially when you can get an ounce of Marula off iherb.com for $13 or from Shea Terra for $21/2 ounces. The markup is ridiculous! Anyway, this is another African oil that's slowly gaining in popularity. It's clear, and it smells like toasted sesame oil. I've been using it for a couple days now and it is hydrating but I wouldn't pay $75. It may be a little to hydrating for my skin actually. I notice I'm a bit more oily these last couple of days. Maybe better for drier skin? I don't like it as much as the Tamanu oil I was using. I loved the way my skin looked when I woke up with that on versus this. 

'

No comments:

Post a Comment