Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Urban Decay Virgin Eyeshadow Review

It's almost Thanksgiving! I'm going to be making a coffee cake after I'm done with this post. The last time I made a coffee cake I was in high school, and I would have left it in the oven for three hours because I definitely left the house after I put it in the oven. My dad took out it before it burned too much though. I've come a long way. A very long way. I cannot wait until tomorrow. I'm hungry!


Anyway, I thought I would go back and review some of my older eyeshadows that come in palettes. Basically shopping my stash. I always find new shades I want, just to get them and not really use them. I thought I would start with the Naked palette. 

In addition to being in the Naked palette (full sized!), it's also available as a single. It's described by Urban Decay as a pale beige nude satin. I would describe it as a shimmery, almost yellow gold, white champagne shade. I didn't see the yellow gold until I had it on my eye. But it only seems to show up when I mix it with certain colors.

It is my least favorite color in the Naked palette. Mostly because it doesn't go very well with the rest of the palette. I mostly get bronze/brown eyes. Trying to use this in the inner corner just ends up looking strange. It doesn't work very well as a brow highlight either. I hate shimmery shades there and usually go with matte if I'm going for a brow highlight.

Used in the Inner Corner. Sidecar on the Lid, Buck in the Crease.

It's ultra pigmented, but it doesn't last on my unless I use a primer. It fades and creases like crazy, but I have pretty oily lids so if you have dry lids, you may not have problem.
Virgin on Lid, Hustle in Crease. It looks much darker in photos. Plus it loses color as you blend another shade with it.

I did try to find a combination within the palette. The only shadows it seems to pair well with is Hustle. Dark Horse is too shimmery, and a couple other shades just don't give enough contrast. Or I get a look that is too cool toned. It's not terribly unique. I have many shadows that are pretty similar or would give a very similar effect.
Stila Copacabana, Urban Decay Virgin, Too Faced Piano Keys, Too Faced White Chocolate, Too Faced Butter Pecan

I will probably have this shadow until I'm 80. It's not a bad, it's just hard to work on my skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment