Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Lush Cranberry Festive Face Mask


Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I hope everyone had a great holiday, ate lots of food, spent lots of time with family, and all of that good stuff. I'm currently trying to work off my Thanksgiving meals. I did 96 lunges yesterday and I am feeling the pain today. But no pain, no gain (or loss). I also got to see Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2. I love the movies, I love the books. I could talk about them forever. But I'll spare you!

Lush claims:
Nourish winter skin
A festive face mask inspired by traditional Christmas ingredients to deep cleanse, soften and nourish skin. When you're exposed to dry winter air outdoors and heating indoors, skin can feel parched and look a little dull. Indulge in a healthy dose of antioxidant cranberries and cleansing fennel seed infusion to brighten, while argan oil and rose clay leave skin looking matte and feeling luxuriously soft.
Brighten and balance: This blend of fresh ingredients and essential oils brighten and nourish dull winter skin.
Hydrate: Silken tofu, softening argan oil and cleansing kaolin keep skin nourished in winter weather.
Limited Edition: This festive mask is only available over the holidays.

I blogged this a couple weeks back. I took in five containers and chose this one. I love cranberries and often snack on dried ones. And a couple years back, I drank of cranberry juice everyday. I had to kick that habit once I quit juice though. What I'm trying to say is I love cranberries! And when I saw this, I had to have it. It's $8.95. Which is more expensive than they regularly are, so I'm glad I got it free. Save those little black pots!

Anyway, it's a soufflĂ© textured, bright pink mask. And the scent, well....I don't like it. It kind of smells like cranberries. But there's something in it that's really off putting. But we don't use masks for the scent, so I just ignored the scent. Or tried to. 

I leave it on for 15 minutes or more. Just depends on how lazy I'm being. I hate washing masks off. Not that it's a problem to get off. 

It seems to brighten my skin and clean off black heads but not completely. I can still see them a little bit once I rinse it off. My skin does feel a teensy bit smoother too and it isn't drying. I get about four-6 uses out of it. Sometimes more.

It's not bad. But it's also not my favorite. It's not something I have to buy again, nor something I would probably recommend. 

Ingredients:
Kaolin ,  Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon) Glycerine ,  Organic Silken Tofu ,  Fennel Seed Infusion (Foeniculum Vulgare) ,  Argan Oil (Argania spinosa) Talc ,  Fresh Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) ,  Fresh Chicory (Cichorium Intybus) ,  Rose Clay (Kaolinite) Bentone (Hectorite) ,  Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) ,  Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus) Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum vieill),  *Benzyl Alcohol ,  *Benzyl Benzoate ,  *Citral *Citronellol ,  Coumarin ,  *Geraniol ,  *Limonene *Linalool ,  Fragrance . *Occurs naturally in essential oils























As for ingredients, it has some great things in it.Next best thing to mixing one up yourself, in my opinion.


Overall, it's OK. I would pick something like Oatifix over this one though.


No comments:

Post a Comment