Saturday, December 5, 2015

Crusty, Fresh Baked Bread

I have been a very lazy blogger lately. Whoops! But I'm back now with a quick post (or two!).




I'm a decent baker. Sweets that is. I rarely attempt bread. Which is strange because I actually really like baking bread. I just hate cleaning up the sticky dough afterwards.

This recipe is very easy. And it comes out amazing. Plus, the more you make it, the better it gets. I did something I never do, which is let the dough rise overnight in the refrigerator. It's supposed to be a slow rise but it was overflowing the bowl after about an hour. I did punch it down a couple times. 

I made sandwiches with my bread. We went the our local dutch market and picked up the BEST smoked turkey deli meat, then we got some avocados, tomatoes, lettuce, bacon, etc and went to town. There is nothing like homemade bread. I kind of feel like mixing some up for sandwiches tomorrow. 

I got the recipe from Inn at the Crosswords, since I'm a complete Game of Thrones nerds and want to try out ALL of the recipes. This is simple, but still one of my favorites. Keeping it forever to use whenever I need a loaf of bread!


Click here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment