Sunday, December 6, 2015

Soapbox Cinnamon Soap with African Shea Butter and Sea Salt Review


I have been slipping on my holiday cheer pretty badly. I have not played a single Christmas song at all, which is very unlike me. So I'm busting out my Christmas playlist while I write this post. Boyz II Men Christmas Interpretations album is one you NEED, if your'e  looking for an album that's enjoyable from the first track to the last. Anyway, I hauled this a couple weeks ago...but I got the name wrong. I called it "Soaphope". But the brand is Soapbox...and I love what this company does.

Soapbox says:
Buy one and we give one to a child in need. More than 3,000 children's lives could be saved everyday with something as simple as a bar of soap and clean water. 

I love companies like this that give back and provide great products. I found this particular soap in my TJ Maxx but I have noticed it in my local health store. The retail price on the box is $4 but I got mine for $2.99. But this is definitely a brand I would purchase at full price. 

You get 4 oz of smoky cinnamon scented soap. I had never seen a cinnamon soap before this one so I snatched it up. I don't typically go for cinnamon (unless it's in cookies, cakes, or oatmeal) but I really liked the way this smelled. It's nothing like craft store cinnamon, it is a dark cinnamon scent. And I love it. I feel like it lingers a bit on my skin too.....not too noticeable but every now and again I feel like I smell it. 

It has little exfoliating bits in it, so if you wanted you can rub it directly on your skin to slough off dead skin. I typically just lather it up in a cloth and get to scrubbing. It bubbles nicely and a little bit goes a pretty long way.

I love that it doesn't dry my skin too much. Nothing like the soaps I was using from Shea Moisture. I do still need some lotion on my legs every now and again though.


These soaps are 100% natural and I was pretty surprised to find Olive Oil at the very top of the list. So far I've only found one other brand that uses a lot of Olive Oil in their soaps. I love the addition of oatmeal in it too...oatmeal does some amazing things for the skin. 

Ingredients:
Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Soybean Oil, Corn Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Sea Salt, Oatmeal, and an all natural blend of Cinnamon and other essential oils. 

I really love this soap, and would absolutely recommend it to anyone (if you like cinnamon!). I love beauty products that give back, but sometimes it's hard to find ones that I would actually repurchase and recommend.  It's definitely going in my 2015 favorites list that I will be doing at the end of the year and I will be checking out more from this brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment