Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap Review





 I've been building snowmen. Or snowman. Because we definitely did not build more than one. I was going to take a picture of Tyrone (that's the snowman's name!) but he was having a serious meltdown. Anyway, enough talk about hitting pans and snowmen, let's get on with the review!

Chandrika claims:

Founded in 1940, called ‘Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap’ when it was not a fashion to call products ‘Ayurvedic.’ ‘Chandrika Soap’ is made with pure vegetable oils such as purified Coconut oil, Sandalwood oil, and Patchouli oil; it does not use any animal fat or products. ‘Chandrika Soap’ is not tested on animals.
Chandrika puts nature to work at caring for your skin. It does not contain any animal fat. Chandrika is exported to countries like USA, UK, Italy, France Germany, etc. and has been trusted by millions of people for sixty years now. It's time you discovered why.

Every time I'm in my local health store, I pick this soap up- and then end up putting it back. Usually because they have something else on sale I want to try. But that time, nothing was on sale and this was only a dollar and some change. It's on the smaller side at only 2.64 ounces but it's actually a good price compared to some of the other natural soaps prices. 


You can't tell what the soap looks like from the box- so I was pretty surprised when I opened it to find a green soap. It is also pretty heavily scented and it kind of scents the bathroom while it's on the larger size. 


When I first got it, I loved the scent. It smells rich- maybe patchouli mixed with something else? . And more expensive than it is. But I found the more I used it, the less I liked the scent. It kind of smells like Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds scent to me now- and I loathe that scent. This is not quite as bad but the association isn't really a good one for me. 

The soap lathers nicely and cleans exceptionally well. But it is a tad drying. But that could be due to the weather. It may be better in summer months-but for now lotion is not an option. 

I already mentioned the soap is on the smaller side, but it lasts a surprisingly long time. It seems like I've been using it forever and still have quite a bit left. 

I found this fun advertisement on youtube. I wish I knew what they were saying!



One thing I don't like about it is they don't list the ingredients. The box only says it's free from any animal ingredients. Which makes it suitable for a vegan. But what's in it? I found some sites saying coconut oil, lime peel, wild ginger, hydnocarpus oil,  orange oil, and sandalwood oil...but is that true? I like knowing exactly what's in it, and I want the full ingredient list.

Overall, it was fun to try and I want to try more soaps from India. I may buy another one to try out on my face, but as a body soap the scent wasn't for me.

Have you tried it? What did you think?

That's Tyrone the snowman...

No comments:

Post a Comment