Monday, January 25, 2016

Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo Review



The whole winter we have had no snow- then Saturday we got just over 2ft of snow. It just kept snowing and snowing and snowing. The whole front of the car was buried under snow. Yesterday and some of today we shoveled snow. I've shoveled snow here and there, but never like this. It truly is a workout. Snow is so heavy! Now I kind of want to build a snowman. Or have a snowball fight or something. It's probably going to take forever for it to melt-so I've got time. Anyway, let me stop babbling about the snow and start the review.


She Moisture claims:
Shampoo
SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo gently cleanses as it removes buildup from styling products and soothes dry, itchy and flaking scalp. Helps regulate sebum production. Sulfate-free.

Plantain Enzyme - Helps to calm itching and irritation. Tea Tree Oil - Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume. Willow Bark Extract - Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp.

Conditioner
SheaMoisture's African Black Soap Balancing Conditioner moisturizes and detangles hair while it soothes dry, itchy and flaking scalp. Use as a pre-shampoo or rinse out conditioner, as needed. - Made with natural and certified organic ingredients. - Plaintain Enzyme helps to alleviate itchiness and irritation. - Tea Tree Oil removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume. - Willow Bark Extract exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp.

Plantain Enzyme - Helps to calm itching and irritation. Tea Tree Oil - Removes buildup for enhanced shine and volume. Willow Bark Extract - Exfoliates and detoxifies hair and scalp.

I've been having the worst luck with this brand lately. I honestly don't know why I keep trying things out. I probably shouldn't- but most likely I still will. It has some good ingredients in some of the products but lately I've noticed some changing for the worse. New stuff has ingredients they would never have used before. 

I don't have any scalp issued...but I thought the ingredients list was pretty clean so I picked it up. It has the bubble-gum/pear scent that pretty much all the African Black soap line has. I'm not a big fan of it in the shampoo or conditioner, but it doesn't linger much anyway. 

The shampoo is very watery and it doesn't lather much-which makes it feel like it doesn't spread well. So I end up using a lot. It isn't drying. But I wouldn't call it moisturizing either. It cleans OK. But I have used much better shampoo's so it's not something I would recommend nor purchase again.

The conditioner has the same texture as all others from the Shea Moisture line. It's not very detangling or hydrating. It just does very little for my hair, if it does anything at all. I don't get any extra shine at all, which I thought I would get with this line.

It claims to be excellent for the scalp,but the first couple of time I used it I actually noticed my scalp flaking. And that never happens to me. 


The ingredients are decent. 

Shampoo Ingredients:
Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Black Soap, Saliylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melia Azadirachta (Neem)Seed Oil, Charcoal Powder, Mefaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil,Simmondsia Chinesis Seed (Jojoba) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Platain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract *Certified Organic Ingredient

Conditioner Ingredients:
Deionized Water,Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Magnifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, African Black Soap Extracts, Behentrimonium Chloride, Salicylic Acid, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract. Melia Azadiratcha (Neem) Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitol Esters, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Vitamin E, Rosemary Extract, Plantain Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle)Flower Extract

Overall, not for me. I really should just stop with this brand. Lately I've been so disappointed with the things I've tried, and this is another one of those disappointments. 

Have you tried it? Any Shea Moisture products you can't get enough of? Let me know which in the comments.


Stay safe, and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment