I did my favorite posts yesterday and I was pretty excited about that. Now it's time to recount the products that weren't so great for me.
So let's get started.
1. Shea Moisture Soaps- I had been wanting to try Shea Moisture soaps for quite awhile and when I had a couple coupons I bought about three, then went back for one more, only to discover I absolutely hate most of them. One didn't smell that great, and almost all of them severely dried my skin. And if you're into all natural , make sure to double check the ingredients because not all of them are.
2. Too Faced Semi Sweet Palette- I got this for a great price and was so excited for some of the colors. But it's very powdery and the colors are no where near as pigmented as I had thought they would be. It was extra disappointing because I love the first chocolate bar palette.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo Pigment in Potent Purple- They aren't pigmented and they don't stick to the eye very long. But I do have oily eyelids....
4. Acure Dark Chocolate+Mint Lip Balm- My lips seemed to get worse every time I used this. I feel bad including it on the list because the proceeds go to a very good cause. Hopefully it works better for everyone else!
5. Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle- This stuff was so gritty and left little flecks of dandruff looking pieces in my hair. No matter what I tried, I could not get it to work for me. The lack of customer service when I tried to contact the company made me even more dissatisfied with it.
6. Creme of Nature Repairing Oil- This product was so bad I ended up throwing it away. It's not an oil and it doesn't repair anything. It was both greasy and drying at the same time.
7. Hair Rules Nourishment Leave In Conditioner- Overpriced and does absolutely nothing. I bought it a lot cheaper but it's not a line I would purchase from in the future.
8. Radiantly Luxe Beauty Pina Colada Soap- This soap gave me the most irritating itchy patches ever. Luckily the other soaps I ordered from Etsy didn't do that.
9. Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser- I had high hopes after seeing raves for it on youtube....but it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I was hoping it would be a dupe for the Smashbox but no such luck.
10. Smashbox Lip gloss in Pout- Worst color ever..and I'm a firm believer anyone can wear anything. This works over a pink or even red but on it's own, a hot mess. And it stinks.
11. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Brush- The brush works fine but I hate that the paint has been chipping off after only a couple months of me using it. Pretty disappointing for a $16 brush. I've owned E.L.F brushes for years that never did that.
I'm kind of surprised. I actually thought there would be more! Overall, not such a bad year for beauty products for me.
What were some duds you tried this year? Let me know in the comments.