Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Are Natasha Denona's $240 Eyeshadow Palettes Worth the Hype?

I've been seeing these hyped up by quite a few bloggers lately. I don't think I've ever seen a palette go for over $80 or maybe $90. So naturally $240 sounds quite a bit excessive for an eyeshadow palette.

There is quite a bit of product in it. There are 28 eyeshadows and they are all full sized. So at least you are getting a lot pf product! 

My problem is the rationalization behind certain vlogger's telling you it completely worth the cost. 

The rationalization goes a little something like this.

If you bought each of these shadows individually it would cost you $29. So if you bought 28 of the shadows it would cost you $812. Ok, yeah. But people rarely purchase half a line of eyeshadows. Do you know anyone with a half the line of Ingot or MAC shadows. NO!!! Each shadow would probably cost a little over $8 this way. Which should tell you their singles are greatly overpriced if anything! 

Or

These are the best eyeshadows I have ever used in my life. But meanwhile the matte's are looking extra patchy. Or I watched this one girl do a complete review talking about how much she loved the shadows, but meanwhile you could see the shadow transferring all over her lid and it was not cute! Especially when you think she payed $240 for it. But most of the people singing it's praises did not pay for it. They were sent it for free. And I always find those reviews biased. And there is nothing like a $240 price tag to make people biased. 

Also in the back of my mind, the worth kind of falls when I see so many being given away for free.

Or



Again back to the whole "It's such an awesome deal!". Most palettes are a great deal because you get money off for purchasing a larger amount of shadows. Take Makeup Forever. Their shadows are $21 a piece. And a favorite by many. They have a palette out now where you get 9 shadows for $44. That's a little over $4 a shadow for MAKE UP FOREVER! Granted, they aren't full sized but most people very rarely use up an entire shadow anyway.
Even the Naked palette by Urban Decay would be worth $228. There are 12 full size eyeshadows, and they retail for $19 piece. But it costs $54. And it used to be even less!

The only people I can see truly benefiting from this palette are actual makeup artists. And I haven't really seen any actual artists except Natasha Denona use these palette's. And to be honest I'm not a big fan of her style. 

In my opinion, NO they are not worth the hype. But then again, I've never tried them and don't plan on it. Well...maybe the five pan palette, if I could get it on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment