Thursday, February 25, 2016

Children Mining For Mica Powder: The Stuff that Makes Cosmetics Glimmer


 




Earlier this week I stumbled on an article about children mining for Mica Powder in India.

It was horrifying. Mining is very dangerous, not only for children but even adults. All tof this goes on for a little glimmer in eyeshadows or blush.  

I will link to some articles I found on the topic for further reading.



http://www.one.org/us/2014/05/01/where-your-sparkly-eye-makeup-comes-from/


I wish that there was a company actively taking a stand against child mining. Maybe have a product where the proceeds are donated to the cause? Kind of like MAC's Viva Glam lipsticks.

And maybe provide some sort of labeling so that consumers know if the Mica was ethically sourced.

I'm not really sure what else to say, I just know I wanted to share. There doesn't seem to be enough awareness on the issue. 


What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment