Sunday, February 28, 2016

Kiss My Face Sliced Peach Lip Balm Review



I was never aware how many natural lip balms there were on the market until I switched to natural lip balms exclusively. For awhile I was in a Burt's Bees rut. Then I briefly got into more expensive lip balms sold at Sephora- but those weren't that great. Now I'm back to all natural. Kiss My Face is a natural brand mostly known for their olive oil soaps, which I've yet to try. They are on my list. I noticed these lip balms on sale at my local store and figured I would try it out. The sliced peach scent really appealed to me for some reason. Longing for summer fruit maybe?

Kiss My Face claims:
NEW Kiss My Face Lip Balms are USDA certified organic and made with NON-GMO ingredients! With a burst of shockingly good flavor, this dreamy, creamy formula helps heal and prevent chapped, dry lips. With antioxidant fruit seed oils and aloe vera. Oxybenzone Free!


I wasn't a big fan of the scent as soon as I opened it. There is nothing that smells better than a ripe, georgia peach in the summer. This doesn't come close. I think I had the bar set too high for the scent. It's not a bad scent, but I don't particularly like it too much either. It kind of smells of sweet canned peaches.And as we all know the canned variety has nothing on the fresh! It comes in many other scents like cranberry orange, pineapple coconut, ginger mango, strawberry, and passion fruit.

It is hydrating. But not smoothing. And it doesn't dry my lips out either. Some lip balms have the tendencies to look glossy, but this one is pretty matte. 

It is an organic lip balm...and it is all natural. Plus it's cruelty free!

I paid around two dollars and some change because it was on sale when I picked it up, which is not a bad price. You get a decent amount of product. It's .18 ounces. 

Ingredients:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Flavor*, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil*, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehips) Seed Oil*, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract* *Organic


 If I liked the scent more, it would probably be a favorite. I will definitely be trying out some the other scents to see if I like them better. 

Now I'm off the find a recipe for a Lemon Poppyseed cake. Or muffins. I'm really in the mood to bake for some reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment