Monday, February 29, 2016

Yellow Eyeshadow Collection/Swatches



I love yellow eyeshadow and at one point I was going yellow crazy. It's not a common color...and definitely not one you see a lot of people wearing, and I think that's why I love it so much.

I ended up with four yellow shadows..so here they are.


1. Make Up Forever n2- The was the second yellow eyeshadow I got my hands on. I ordered it a couple years back when Sephora had their 20% off sale. I figured that it had to be good because of the price. But it's not. It's patchy, flaky, and you really have to layer it to get pigmentation. And forget about blending, it blends away! It's much better over a white base, but isn't everything? I'm almost done panning it though so it will be out my collection soon. 

2. NYX Mellow Yellow- This was the first yellow shadow I bought. It's definitely a mellow yellow. It wasn't nearly as disappointing as the Make Up Forever one but that's because it wasn't very expensive. It's not as flaky or patchy, but you do have to layer and layer. Again, works better over a white base.

3. MAC Chrome Yellow- Eventually I turned to MAC yellows. This has the be the best of the bunch. It's a deeper yellow and pigmentation is a bit better with it. Still have to apply a couple layers but it's not nearly as patchy and flaky as some of the others.

4. MAC Bright Sunshine- This is a metallic yellow...that looks more yellow gold on my than anything. It has a thick sort of texture that none of the other shadows in my collection have but it easy to build up and with a primer it doesn't fade or crease. It looks the exact same at the end of the day as when I first applied it. 


I think yellow eyeshadow is just a hard color to make. But of the four I have I definitely prefer the MAC one's. I'm still kind of mad at that Makeup Forever yellow. I should have taken it back. I wonder if the newer artist yellow is any better?

For awhile I was eyeing the Sugarpill Buttercupcake eyeshadow but I really need to get through some of what I already have.



No comments:

Post a Comment