Thursday, February 18, 2016

Samples Review: NARS Orgasm Blush, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, and Urban Decay Supercurling Mascara


Nars Orgasm Blush- What a name for a blush! I think it's actually kind of clever. And I think it's helped propel it to what might be the most well known blush ever. It's touted everywhere as a universal shade that suits everyone. And many people call it their HG. I have a couple NARS blushes...but I've never really wanted this. I've heard it doesn't show up on darker skin. Which I find to be true. I have Too Faced Who's Your Poppy Blush...which is said to be a dupe. But that one has chunkier gold glitter that emphasizes skin texture. Based on my experience with the sample I prefer this one. The shimmer isn't so obvious.  But neither are doing a whole lot for my face. If your on the opposite end of the color spectrum, this might be worth testing out. 


Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat
I first saw this product a couple years back on one of those TV Shopping networks. I think it's the first highlighting product I had ever seen. Maybelline kind of did their version of it with the age rewind concealer, but other than that I haven't seen many dupes. Which is why I was excited to try out the sample. No need to be really. They have THREE shades. And none of them darker than medium. WHY? I though they would have a light, medium, and dark to include everybody. Not YSL. They put shade 1 and 2 (light shades), and shade 4.5 (medium). I did open it up and play with it and it seems like a nice formula. Would have been nice to try it out in my color though. Shame on them.


Urban Decay Supercurling Mascara
I normally don't like mascara's with the plastic bristles. But I love this. In fact, I love it so much  actually bought the full size. It's sitting untouched in the back of my makeup drawer until I get through my mascara samples. I get supercurled lashes with length and volume very quickly. And it doesn't flake or smudge at all. But my lashes are already naturally curly and I don't usually have problems with flaking and smudging. I really do like it though. It's a great mascara! Just don't apply too much or it can clump the lashes together. Oh, and I love the packaging. Are all Urban Decay Mascara's so good?



That's all for today...but I have a couple more samples in my drawer waiting for me to use and review...so be on the lookout for more mini reviews!

Have you tried any of these? What was your experience with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment