Thursday, February 18, 2016

Versace Yellow Diamond Eau De Toilette Review



Whenever I hear Versace, I automatically think of Kayne West's line in All Falls Down. Pass that Versayche. Back when I loved Kayne's music. For the last couple years I haven't been able to stand him. His ego has gotten bigger and bigger...for no reason. His music is no where as good as it used to be. He's not even the SECOND best rapper anymore. Anyway, that's neither here nor there. This is a review for a perfume. Versache's Yellow Diamond.

Versace claims:
Infinite beauty reflects itself in the transparency of a diamond and radiates all around in beams of crystalline light. Pure as sunlight, a bright, extraordinary yellow light radiates with a fiery intensity and sparkles the way that only a diamond can. An authentic jewel of rare beauty is unveiled in Yellow Diamond, a fresh and vivid floral perfume by Versace.

Like a burst of light, the fragrance gleams and glistens as it opens with notes of bright citron, a fresh pear sorbet, sparkling bergamot, and an accent of neroli. As its heart emerges, the rare elegance of orange blossom shines through the light of freesia and mimosa with the natural transparency of nymphea. The lingering base notes add a fascinating sense of sensuality with ambery woods, the sunny and vibrant character of palo santo wood, and the refined presence of musk. 

The bottle is a unique creation featuring the luxury of clean geometry. It’s a design of timeless elegance, an exquisite modern piece of unrivalled beauty. "The color yellow recalls the brightness, sensuality, and great energy of this fragrance, able to depict and emphasize the charm and femininity of a woman" —Donatella Versace 

Notes:
Citron from Diamante, Pear Sorbet, Neroli, Bergamot, Nymphea, Freesia, Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Amber Wood, Palo Santo, Musk 
Style:
Surprising. Radiant. Fascinating.


I got this awhile ago in a Sephora birthday gift. It was their deluxe sample. I love little perfume samples-especially when they come in this size. It's almost like a mini replica of the larger one. Except the regular bottle sprays and this one doesn't. I love the mini bottle though and will probably keep it once it's all used up, just because it's so cute. I usually keep perfume bottles anyway. Does anyone else do that?

It's a decent size sample...which is why I decided to do a full review on it.

When I first apply it, it smells almost identical to Mar Jacob's Daisy with a little more alcohol. I thought I was tripping. As I continue wearing it, it kind of changes though. It becomes more floral and a tad bit generic. It smells like something I've smelled before but I can't quite put my finger on it. It doesn't smell terribly unique or very exciting. But don't get me wrong...it is nice.

But $55 an ounce is quite a lot of money for something that's just nice to me. They do have a roller ball of it for $25, and a 1.7 ounce bottle for $73. They even have the 3 ounce bottle of it if you can't get enough of it.

I've read reviews from other people and a lot of people called it quite a mature scent. I think it smells like it would suit anyone from ages 18-35. It's not an offensive old lady scent to me...but as with all perfumes it depends on your chemistry. I love that it lasts all day- but that could just be because of the large amount I'm applying. The mini bottle is a little harder to apply than the regular bottle.


Overall, I don't mind finishing the bottle, but it's not something I will miss when it's gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment