Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Benefit The Porefessional Review



Its been years since I've reviewed anything from Benefit. For the most part the brand doesn't appeal to me because they lack diversity, and the products just seem very gimmicky. I bought the mascara a couple years ago, it was my very first expensive mascara and I wasn't very impressed. Now five years later, I've finally decided to give the brand another chance.

Benefit claims:
Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.
  • Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

AWARDS

  • #1 best-selling Prestige Face Primer in the US*

One of the reasons I tried it out was because I had a $15 coupon from HSN. They usually offer $20 off of $40 for your first purchase, so it's worth checking them out because they do have a nice selection of beauty items. That brought the price from $31 to $16. Still expensive but much better than paying full price. It was between this primer or the Too Faced one and I ended up going with this because I've been too stuck on the Too Faced brand and it's good to branch out sometimes.

The packaging is nice. It comes in a velvety tube that contains .75 ounces of product. I prefer them to come in a one ounce size, because most foundations come with that much product. 

It is translucent which I was relieved to find because having a tinted white light primer that shows is not a good look. And it feels very silky to the touch. There is a light floral scent to the product. Most of the time I barely even notice it.

When I was looking for reviews I came across one by Enkore on youtube and he demonstrates the product. You can literally see his pores being filled in before your eyes. Unfortunately, it didn't work the same for me. I think it's because he has spots to fill in as opposed to mine that are kind of raised. This didn't do much of anything for me, if at all. 

It is very mattifying and drying. I have oily/combination skin and this is just too dry for my dryer cheeks. Everything looks dry and cakey once I get my foundation and blush on and my pores look exactly the same as if I never used it. 

I thought since it was so drying and mattifying it would do a better job of keeping my skin matte but no such luck. My skin behaves the exact same way whether or not I use this primer.

Last of all, it does nothing to prolong foundation wear....but it doesn't claim too.

It does photograph decently, but overall I think I prefer the Smashbox primer all around. I hate the price of it, but that primer is the nicest one I've tried so far.  

The ingredients aren't anything special. It has a lot of cones in it and as far as I could tell the only beneficial ingredient for the skin was a little Vitamin E.

Ingredients:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, ISODODECANE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), MICA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), LIMONENE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT. N° 04932/N

Be sure to get it from a reputable place. There are many fakes of this product floating around eBay!


The only thing I really like about the product is that it's made in the USA. It just didn't work for me and it will probably be another five years before I pick up something by Benefit. 

Have you tried Benefit Porefessional? Did it work for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment