Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Zum Bar Sea Salt Goat's Milk Bar Soap



Sea Salt seems like a strange thing to add to a soap, but lately I've noticed more and more soaps containing it.  Sea Salt is said to draw toxins out of the skin. I'm not sure how effective it is in a soap, seems it would be more effective in a bath. Hence, bath salts!  But I picked it up anyway, not for it's ability to detox, I just was drawn to the scent. And it was on sale for $2.99. You know I can't resist a sale!

Zum Bar claims:
You'll be breaking blahs with a bar that relaxes in refreshing citrus and restores skin with natural sea salts. Esalen. here you come

Crisp, fresh and silky. Nothing fishy here. We take the best elements of a sea breeze and throw in actual sea salt to moisturize the briniest of skin. Where there is salt there’s water.

Zum Bar makes the cutest bars of soap. This particular one is a slate blue with a layer of sea salt on the top. Unfortunately it doesn't stay as nice looking once you use it.

The scent is definitely citrus. While I know it's a citrus scent I'm not really sure what it is, but I read on another site it's supposed to be Bergamot. I do really like the scent of this one. It smells..uplifing? Unfortunately it didn't linger on me, I kind of wish it stuck around.

The lather is very nice. Almost silky and very soft. Plus a little goes a long way. 


As I mentioned before, I'm not sure if it's detoxing abilities but it sure leaves me super fresh and clean without being drying on the skin. 

Zum Bar's Sea Salt is not the first salt soap I've used. I've also tried out Lush Sea Vegetable. I prefer the Zum Bar version to that one. The ingredients are much better. And the Lush Sea Vegetable soap smelled like a dirty toilet bowl (seriously!). You can check out that review here if you're interested.

Zum Bar ingredients seem pretty natural- but I must admit I'm still confused about the "goat's milk base". What exactly is in it? Other than that I have no problems with the ingredients. 

Zum Bar ingredients:
Saponified 100% food grade olive, coconut, palm & castor oils, in a goat's milk base, with pure essential oils, sea salt and mineral pigments. 

Overall, I think it's my favorite of the three from the brand I have tried. I really do like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment