Wednesday, March 23, 2016

MAC 221 Review


I usually have brushes for months and months before I write a review. I've only had this brush for about a month and I honestly cannot put it down. I have to convince myself to give my other brushes some love! As you can probably tell, I love it!

MAC 221 claims:
A mini shadow-blending brush made of the softest natural fibres. The small shape with a tapered tip allows for the more controlled application and blending of powders. Provides for a sheer colour-washed effect on eyes. M∙A∙C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules.

When I bought this I needed another blending brush. I've been using my 217 to death. But I also needed another angle brush, because I've also been using my 266 for multiple purposes and it would be nice to have another good angle brush. Ultimately, I went for this because I wasn't sure if it was limited edition and I figured I would pick the angled brush at another time!

The white haired brushes from MAC are my favorite. The darker haired brushes tend to be kind of scratchy. Not always but sometimes. This brush is a mix between the 224 (mine is extra scratchy!) and the 217, except it's smaller than both. It gives more control, so I don't get such a blown out crease . And sometimes that's the look I want without being so precise with the 217.

It's super soft too. There's nothing I can't stand more than a scratchy brush.

This particular brush is made in Japan. And I noticed the handle has more of a matte look than the other brushes I have from MAC. I tried to polish over the markings to keep the name of the brush in tact, but it didn't stick. I'm hoping the lettering stays on as it usually wears off if you don't polish over it with clear nail polish.

I really love this brush, and am glad to have it in my collection! I don't think it's a must have for everyone but if you were considering purchasing it, I don't think you can go wrong! 

And now, have you seen the two newest Too Faced palettes?

The peach one looks so nice and has some colors I would love to have! And I'm so glad they replaced the extra large highlight shades with two extra shadows! But I'm on an eyeshadow no-buy and it looks like this one is limited edition so I probably won't get my hands on it.

The peanut butter one looks nice too- all those super warm colors are right up my alley! But it's limited edition too, so again, won't be getting this either. I wonder if they shadow are are good as they used to be. I usually love Too Faced Shadows but I didn't like a lot of shadows in the Semi-Sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment