Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream

Not real Ice-cream. Although I have been wanting to make the real stuff for awhile. This is a healthier version. Just bananas and peanut butter.

A couple years ago I did he same thing with strawberries and peanut butter in a food processor. It took quite awhile but it came out nice. In the Vitamix, it took considerably less time and came out creamier. 

I made the peanut butter and even shelled and roasted the peanuts myself. Which I will never do again. It really hurts to shell peanuts. My hands were mad at me! Maybe I should have used a nut cracker? 

I didn't get many pics because I was in a hurry and it melts fast! And I would recommend eating it as soon as you make it. If you save it, it sets up to hard once you freeze it. 

But it tasted nice and it was healthy, but really it's not substitute for full fat ice cream. Check out the recipe here!


No comments:

Post a Comment