Monday, March 7, 2016

MAC 233 Brush Review



My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 is coming out soon! I am so excited! The first one is one of my favorite movies of all time. I can't even tell you how many times I've seen it. I can quote most of the movie too. I really hope the second one is as good as the first. But anywho, this is supposed to be a brush review so I'll hop to it.

MAC claims:
Plunge right into summer with the Alluring Aquatic collection by M·A·C, filled with enchanting hues and unforgettable products to keep you fresh all season long. The 233 Split Fiber Eyeshadow Brush is a single, double sided, small paddle-shaped flat brush ideal for applying and laying down products on your eyelids. It's crafted with a split of natural and synthetic fibers to deliver two unique results, soft and diffused or sheer and polished.

I bought this brush, mainly because I love the way it looks .It was part of the Aquatics collection a couple years ago, and I just had to have it. I didn't know at the time that the brushes with the special handles usually aren't the same quality as the regular line. If I had know, I might now have purchased it. Having said that, I don't think this brush doesn't feel like a quality brush. I will probably have it just as long as my other MAC brushes- but I definitely feel a different between this and the other brushes in my collection.


Most MAC brushes are made in Japan, some are made in France, and a couple are made in China. This particular brush is made in China. I don't think it's hand-cut but I can't say for sure. It is very soft and has never scratched my eyelid.

It's kind of similar to the 239 (which I love!), but it has one synthetic side and a natural side. It does the same job as the 239, which is pack color on the lid. And if one side isn't giving you the result you want, you can always flip it over and use the other side. Synthetic works great with cream shadows and natural hair with powders. So it's the best of both worlds. But for some reason I prefer the 239 over this one. It's just a bit better to me and I can't put my finger on exactly why.

As I mentioned I mostly bought it because of the way it looks. It really is a cute brush. Teal is one of my favorite colors- after orange of course. It is currently listed for sale on MAC cosmetics but it has the regular packaging.
MAC 239, MAC 233, ELF Eyeshadow Brush

Overall I do like it. And I get plenty of use out of it because I like to rotate it with my 239, but it's not a must have. The 239 IS a must have though.



No comments:

Post a Comment