Thursday, March 10, 2016

Samples Review: Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue, Miss Jessie's Coily Custard, Prada Candy Parfum






Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue
I first heard of Charlotte Tilbury when a vlogger made a video 
reviewing the products. There seems to be a bunch of vids on the line and each video sort of praised Charlotte Tilbury's work. It came across very fake though because I haven't heard anything from most of those vlogger's about her work since. That was my first impression of the line. Eventually I stumbled on her youtube channel but I was not really a fan. You can tell she only started the channel to sell her products and it doesn't really come across as genuine to me. Somewhere along the way I heard about her magic cream- a $100 moisturizer. Supposedly she mixed it up for her clients- which i doubt because when you read the ingredients it doesn't sound like anything she just whipped up. Basically I don't really have the best impressions of her line. But I'm always up to try out a sample! This particular product is $60 which pretty much guarantees it's not something I would purchase. Luckily the sample is decent and I got a couple days to really test it out. It helped with dark circles. But not fine lines. I haven't had much of a problem with fine lines, but I noticed when I used this I had strange folds happening in my eye area. I don't know what was happening but it was not cute. Now that I finished up the sample, it's not happening anymore. Not a product for me!

Edited to add: I almost forgot to talk about the scent. I don't think it's scented but it smells kind of funny. Almost chemical. I didn't really like that but it didn't linger.

Miss Jessie's Coily Custard
I feel like I've done a mini review on this..but apparently I haven't. This just reminds me of the Jelly soft curls that I thought it was the same product! It even has the same laundry detergent scent. I'm not a fan of the scent but luckily it doesn't stick around long. The texture almost reminds me of Kinky Curly. It's kind of thick and sticky and a little bit crunchy. But it really does give nice curl definition, especially on day 2. And a little bit of shine. I think this particular product is better than the Jelly Soft Curls. The ingredients aren't the best but it isn't as bad as some of the other products in their line. Overall, it's probably my favorite of the MissJessie's products I have tried. I just wish they would change the scent!

Prada Candy
I think this is one of the most popular scents at Sephora, which is why I wanted to try it. I actually really like it. It reminds me of an old Oscar De La Renta perfume I had with a little swedish fish candy scent and vanilla thrown in. It smells better than it sounds. It is strong (I learned that the hard way after spraying too much and ending up with a headache!). And it lasts forever! Most perfumes these days don't last past 2-3 hours so that was a pleasant surprise. It's a perfume I wouldn't mind having the full bottle of. 


Those are the three samples I have for today! Hopefully I have another post up soon- I actually really like reviewing samples more than I thought I would.



No comments:

Post a Comment