Thursday, March 31, 2016

Samples Review: Glam Glow SuperMud Clearing Treatment,Narciso Rodriguez L'absolu For Her, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

I've just finished reading one of the most fascinating books I've probably ever read in my life! I read The Portrait of Dorain Gray by Oscar Wilde. Every now and again I like to pick up a classic. It's a philosophical novel. I used to love Philosophy. Until I took a college class on it. I think this book made me like it again. When I was done, I read the Schmoop notes on it, and thought how it was interesting they linked it as a cautionary tale against wanting to be youthful forever aka Botox, Fillers, and Vanity. It was a great book and if you are looking for something to read, I definitely recommend it!




Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment
I've heard a lot of good things about Glam Glow, mostly on youtube. I suspect because they sent out a bunch of free stuff to youtubers but I can't be sure. So when I saw this as a sample I snapped it up to try. It's not something I would ever purchase since it rings in at $69 for 1.2 ounces. The first thing I noticed was that they are quite stingy with amount they give. Second, it smells like mint/licorice. Not a fan of the scent at all. It has a tingling sensation which I don't imagine would be good for sensitive skin. It dries pretty quickly too! When I washed it off, I thought it did a good job of clearing out the pores on my nose. But that was in my crappy bathroom lighting at night. When I took a look in the natural sunlight, I noticed my skin looked the exact same. My pores still had blackheads. And I had two new spots. I wasn't impressed. Especially looking at the price point of it. It has some good ingredients, and also some I don't really care for. In my opinion, nothing beats some of the masks you can mix up in your own kitchen! This was no exception.


Narciso Rodriguez L'absolu For Her
This will run you $97 for 1.6 oz. I almost forgot I had it until I dug it out of the bottom of drawer. It must have fell out the little baggie I keep samples in. I was excited to try it when I read the perfume notes:Jasmine, Musk, Amberlynn, Sandalwood, and Patchouli. So I was very disappointed when I sprayed it and smelled like...Elizabeth Arden White Diamonds. A perfume I loathe. And it's very strong and lasts forever. It smells like something someone 80 years old+ would wear. It does smell marginally better than White Diamonds..but still. I can't stand it and never want to smell it again. 



Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
This is another one I've heard multiple people rave about. And now I understand why. It builds dramatic volume and length in one coat. It can be just a tiny bit clumpy but I like that look. Not everyone does so I thought I should note that. Probably a quick comb through the lashes would eliminate that though. Another thing I notice (not sure if it's just my sample), the product loads up on the brush. I find I had to scrape excess off the brush to get best results. As for wear, I don't notice it flaking or smudging (but I don't generally have any problems with any mascara smudging). By the end of the day I notice it's lost some of it's OOMPH, but it still looks good. The packaging lists you should throw it out six months after you open. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, I really like the packaging. I don't think it's a mascara for everyone, but I do like it!



Overall, the mask and the perfume were passes for me. But I could see myself buying the full sized Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment