Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder (On Dark Skin) Review


I had an excellent weekend. I made the BEST banana french toast on the planet. And I went to see Allegiant. I love those Divergent movies. I didn't think it was possible but Four (Theo James) looks even better than he did in previous movies. He has super nice arms and they were a distraction nearly the entire movie. I think I need to add the books to my reading list since I love the movies so much!

Too Faced claims:
Go ahead, indulge yourself. You won’t add pounds when you dip into our antioxidant-rich, cocoa-licious, zero-calorie bronzer; just an irresistible, all-over deep tan.

  • Infused with antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and signature bronzing pigments to create a unique matte bronzer that neutralizes red and evens skin tone.
  • Vegan-Friendly
  • Paragon Free


This is a very popular bronzer. But it's obviously too light for me. I didn't purchase it, it came in an older palette I have from Too Faced (why do they only put things that work on lighter skin tones in their palette's?).  Lately I've been going through my collection and trying to find things I could use up. So I decided to pan this, and I figured I may as well review it too.

Like I said, it's too light for me to use as a bronzer. It has almost no pigment on me unless I build it up heavily as a swatch. Then it's a light, cool brown. Which seems like it would make a better contour color than a bronzing shade if you are a lighter skin tone. 

I find I can use it lightly as an all over face powder. It takes away a little bit of shine, without making me look dry and cakey. And it has the nicest Cocoa-Vanilla scent even though I've had it for years now.

The only thing is my skin can get pretty oily and this doesn't really do anything to control oil. But it doesn't claim too so I can't hold that against it. I think this would work much better for me in the Winter/Fall months than Spring/Summer. It almost seems a little bit hydrating.

The full size is $30 for .35 ounces, and from what I can tell the packaging is super cute, but Too Faced packaging usually is. I got mine in a palette for $40 along with 10 eyeshadows, a blush, and another bronzer. Mine isn't the full size though, it's .28 ounces.


For years this was the deepest shade Too Faced offered. It looks like they added a Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer for darker skin tones, which is nice. Maybe one day I'll pick that one up, just to give it a go! Not too soon, because I have a couple other bronzers to go through before I get to that point.

Ingredients:
Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Benzyl Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Too Faced is a cruelty-free brand and this product is vegan. It's also made in the USA.

It's not something I would go out and purchase, but I don't mind using it as an all over powder. 

Have you tried it? What did you think of it?
Looks a lot shinier in Photos for some reason....

Random: I was really feeling my eyeshadow today. I used an old NYX shadow in Eggplant and blended out with a deep purple. I used the NYX a couple times, and never noticed what a beautiful color it is! I think I have to add the combo to my favorite's list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment