Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Acorn Squash Soup & Apple Acorn Squash Soup

I mostly use my Vitamix for green smoothies. But every now and again I remind myself of how much I paid for it and try to get more use out of it by making soups in it. Which it does extremely well! I noticed acorn squash was in season at my local store and figured it would be a good time to try this recipe out.

I've never had Acorn squash before this recipe and I learned it tastes pretty amazing just roasted in the oven because it has a little sweetness. But it makes a good soup to!


It looked a little strange to me at first with it's green exterior and orange interior. But it's always good to try new fruits and vegetables!

The first soup I made was the Vitamix Acorn Soup. It's a sweeter soup that has cinnamon, maple syrup, and nutmeg. I've never such a soup that had such sweet ingredients. It does take a bit of getting used to. It was...OK. I'm not used to sweeter soups and I think it might take some getting used to.



Then because the squash were still in season, I also made the Vitamix Apple Acorn Squash Soup. Apples in soup? Yeah, strange but I'm down to try almost anything! And it was kind of strange. The apples gave it a little range and the addition of thyme was a bit strange to me. I liked this one better than the first recipe but I'm not sure I would make it again. Maybe I'm just not on board with Acorn soup. But I really did love it roasted! I weighed everything out, and I'm glad I did because my measurements would have been really off otherwise!






Overall, I'm glad I tried something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment