Saturday, April 9, 2016

Deep Steep Peppermint Vanilla Argan Oil Sugar Scrub Review



As you probably know, Sephora is having their Spring sale. It's the perfect time to stock up high end staples or try a new product on sale. Unfortunately, I don't really need anything. The only thing I really want is that Viseart Dark Mattes palette and I'm not buying any more shadow until I use up at least 30. So far I've used four.....sigh.

Deep Steep claims:
Deep Steeps moisturizing Argan Oil Sugar Scrub gently exfoliates dead skin cells leaving smooth, radiant, polished skin. 

This was part of Deep Steep's Holiday collection.Which I wasn't even aware they had until I saw it in TJ Maxx. I can't find anything online about it. It's the strangest thing! But they have three other scrubs that I also managed to pick up. But I decided to use this one first. I ended up paying $5.99 for 8 oz. But these are usually listed for ten. Which I think is a great price too!

Peppermint is a scent that I either love or hate. Not everyone does Peppermint right. Sometimes it ends up smelling like toothpaste (Lush mint soaps!). And I don't like toothpaste smelling products. I find I usually don't have a problem with the mint scent as long as there is some vanilla to take the edge off. I guess it works here because I ended up loving the scent. It smells exactly like Candy Canes! The smell is very fresh and invigorating. I LOVE the scent. Which is kind of surprising. It works wonders for a headache too!


Like all Deep Steep scrubs, it's very gentle. The sugar melts away a little too quickly for me though, which is why I tend to use it on dryer skin. And it leaves behind an oil layer, which kind of functions like in shower body lotion. I love it. It's almost like a two-in-one, but there may be some that don't like that.

I use this on more than just my body though. I've used it as a facial scrub. It's very invigorating and has a little tingle to it. Sometimes I like that. But what I really like it for is a lip scrub. It's very moisturizing and exfoliation at the same time. And if you happen to get a little in your mouth it's kind of sweet. Just keep in mind that it isn't the recommended way of using it, but I haven't had any trouble.

It's all natural...and vegan. Plus it's cruelty free, which is nice.


Ingredients:
Sugar, Peppermint Leaf Extract, Vanilla Extract, Organic Argan Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract.

Overall, it's definitely a favorite. I just wish they sold this all year round! 

No comments:

Post a Comment