Friday, April 8, 2016

Urban Decay Buck Eyeshadow Review



I finished reading the first Divergent book. And I love it! I even love  book Four just as much as movie Four. I still love the movies, but I really do think the books are better than the movies, so if you were thinking about reading them, definitely check them out! They are a pretty easy read since they are aimed at young adults. And I know I'm nowhere near a young adult anymore but I love all the dystopian society books that have become very popular lately. Which is weird because I never read any of those type of books as a young adult. I usually read adult books. But anyway...

Urban Decay claims:
Insane color payout. A velvety, suede-like smoothness and blendability. Our mind-blowing formula delivers unmatched performance in a stunning array of shades.

Urban Decay certainly has interesting names. Buck makes me think of two songs from back in high school. Knock If You Buck and some other song I don't know the name of. I think it's something like Get Buck in Here...T-Pain maybe? Definitely not a word I use in everyday vocabulary.

As for this shadow, it's one of my favorites. Usually I love the brightest colors, but sometimes you gotta have the neutrals. Urban Decay describes it as a "fawn brown". It appears quite light in the palette but on me it's a medium brown with a hint of purple. A shadowy purple. Not a purple purple.
 With Flash
Without Flash
It's the perfect color for when I am doing a no makeup look and just want to add some very natural definition in the crease. It's the exact same color as the natural shadow in my crease. I think it might be a perfect contour color for me, although it might take a bit of building up. But since I love it so much I don't want to use it up too quickly so I reserve it for eye use only. 


Here I have it mixed with Urban Decay's Crystal Eyeshadow. One my my favorite combinations! 

It's easy to blend, and very smooth. Lately Urban Decay matte shades are so powdery but this one is one of the nicest matte formulas I've ever come across. I don't get fallout and it's pretty pigmented. Although it can be hard to tell since it looks so natural on me (until I add in another color for contrast). And it lasts forever on my oily lids, with or without primer. 

For comparison, Too Faced Semi-Sweet, Too Faced Milk Chocolate, Urban Decay Buck, Too Faced Mousse, Smashbox Sable. It's hard to see on my skin tone but you can kind of see differences.

Mine came in the Naked palette, but you can also buy the single. It is very expensive though at $19 for .5 ounces, which is the same amount you get in the Naked palette.  Like I said one of my favorites. It has the biggest dip out of all the colors in my Naked palette. 

Now I'm off to get some fresh herbs because I'm making Shepherds Pie today. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment